- Aug. 23, 2010
- Let it Go: Weight, Calories and Nutrients
Eating well and being well go hand in hand: put the right nutrients in your body and you’ll be able to reach that euphoric-type-place while you exercise. So often we let ourselves get overwhelmed with numbers like weight, calories, and grams of nutrients. We need to let it go!
Give those numbers a backseat and bring eating with variety, moderation, proportion, and intention to the forefront of your mind. Have confidence that the nutrients will follow and the healthy weight will come almost as an afterthought.
Here are a few nutrition pointers that’ll help you realize healthy lifestyle today:
Eat a variety
- Increase the color quotient on your plate; make it colorful.
- Be adventurous and try new foods.
- Eat foods of various textures and tastes; eat foods raw and cooked.
- Make no food forbidden.
- If it’s higher in fat or calories eat less of it, less often.
- Choose plant-based fats like avocado, unsalted nuts, olive oil, or ground flaxseed.
- Posted by:
- Tara, the RD
- Food Matters