Skip to main content.

Who's Writing

Kate Torgersen


Aug. 4, 2011
Clif Bar Makes Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work

We’re honored to be recognized for the fourth year running by Outside Magazine as one of the country’s Best Places to Work! 2011's award focuses on our company-wide aspiration to support the community. Landing at #5 on the list, Outside Magazine highlights our In Good Company program, where we partner with 11 community-minded companies to make a difference in our communities through hands-on action. They also mention 2 Mile Challenge, where we encourage people from across the country to log miles travelled during short bike trips to compete for a $35,000 donation to a favorite charity. At Clif, however, “doing…

Read More…

Posted by:
Kate Torgersen
Category:
Office Life

May. 17, 2011
Team Garmin-Cervélo at the Tour of California with the Clif Bar Food Mobile

Walk into a team hotel at the Tour of California at dinnertime and the Garmin-Cervélo table is empty. While the other teams load their plates from buffet tables then gravitate to their assigned seats, to find the Garmin-Cervélo boys you have to go to the parking lot. From Team Garmin-Cervélo: This year the team brought along the Clif Bar Food Mobile to prepare breakfast and dinner for the riders. Every morning and evening the team congregates in the team bus where they feast on meals prepared by the husband and wife culinary team of Barbara and Chris Grealish. Barbara, who…

Read More…

Posted by:
Kate Torgersen
Category:
Events, Team Clif Bar

Aug. 10, 2010
Design Is How it Works at Clif Bar & Company (UPDATE: Winner’s Announced)

UPDATE: Thanks to everyone who submitted a comment and for supporting Jay's new book. The winners (who will receive signed copies of Jay and Gary's books and a month's supply of CLIF BARs) are: Samantha, jnylyn78 and mommaof3ontherun. Congrats! Way back in 2006, Clif Bar & Company founder, co-owner, and co-CEO, Gary Erickson published his book Raising the Bar: Integrity and Passion in Life and Business: The Story of Clif Bar & Company recounting Clif Bar’s origins and our journey to become a different kind of company. Today in 2010, Clif Bar is once again the subject of another great…

Read More…

Posted by:
Kate Torgersen
Category:
Office Life, Sustainability

Jun. 29, 2010
Clif Bar & Company Becomes 20 Percent Employee-owned

I'm extremely happy to announce that Clif Bar & Company has officially become 20 percent employee owned! Gary Erickson and Kit Crawford (Clif Bar husband and wife owners) have been devising a way to give back to the many Clif Bar employees that make this company thrive. So they've turned their family-owned common stock into an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Employees through the ESOP own 20 percent of the company, while Gary and Kit retain the remaining 80 percent. “All along we wanted to create a company where we would want to work,” said Kit. “Employee ownership is one…

Read More…

Posted by:
Kate Torgersen
Category:
Office Life

More Topics

Blog Contributors


RSS Feeds:
RSS
RSS Comments
Atom
Podcasts Feeds:
podnova
odeo
newsgator
My Yahoo
iTunes

About this Blog

We like getting our heart rates up, taking a big breath of fresh air, savoring delicious food. But we also love telling stories and here's where we type 'em up. (BTW, it works both ways; leave a comment—please and thank you.)

Blog Leaf