Skip to main content.

CLIF Blog

Jun. 29, 2010
Clif Bar & Company Becomes 20 Percent Employee-owned
I'm extremely happy to announce that Clif Bar & Company has officially become 20 percent employee owned! Gary Erickson and Kit Crawford (Clif Bar husband and wife owners) have been devising a way to give back to the many Clif Bar employees that make this company thrive. So they've turned their family-owned common stock into an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Employees through the ESOP own 20 percent of the company, while Gary and Kit retain the remaining 80 percent.

Kit and Gary

“All along we wanted to create a company where we would want to work,” said Kit. “Employee ownership is one more way we could run a different kind of business: one that inspires a team of people to make the kind of delicious, nutritious food we’d like to eat, and that strives for a healthier, more sustainable world.”

For Gary, “Our company is our people. By retaining private, employee ownership we will continue to have the freedom and flexibility to build a sustainable business with long-term focus for future generations.” No change in management structure will take place, with Gary and Kit remaining majority owners and co-CEOs of the company.

So what does this mean for you? Well, a better company means a better future. The Clif Bar team will continue to be inspired to create the amazing products you've grown accustomed to in the most sustainable way possible. The people here at Clif Bar are extremely important, and the freedom to continue to build a sustainable, privately held business is a great thing for everyone.

For more details, you can view the full press release here.
Posted by:
Kate Torgersen
Category:
Office Life
Comments

More Topics

Blog Contributors


RSS Feeds:
RSS
RSS Comments
Atom
Podcasts Feeds:
podnova
odeo
newsgator
My Yahoo
iTunes

About this Blog

We like getting our heart rates up, taking a big breath of fresh air, savoring delicious food. But we also love telling stories and here's where we type 'em up. (BTW, it works both ways; leave a comment—please and thank you.)

Blog Leaf