- Apr. 26, 2010
- Clif Bar Upcoming Events - Week of 4/26/10
Clif Bar & Company is dedicated to supporting a whole lot of marathons, trade shows, walks and other awesome events throughout the year. So on Mondays, starting today, we'll provide you with a list of events across the nation (and beyond!) that you might find interesting. And who knows, you might just be inclined to head on out and support your local activities. Enjoy!
Saturday, May 1
Sunday, May 2
Saturday, May 1
- Spokane, WA: Bloomsday Run Expo - Bloomsday hosts one of the country’s largest free trade shows devoted to fitness, health and running. You’ll find a variety of running-, health- and fitness-related products and services on display.
- Denver, CO: MS Walk - Join Clif Bar in City Park for a morning of walking with friends and fighting MS.
- Amherst, MA: UMass SoccerFest - Soccerfest brings together college student players as mentors to area youth. See dozens of western MA teams gather together to fight their way up the winner's bracket and have some great fun in the Clif Kid Fun Zone in between matches.
- Austin, TX: Celebration of Families - Connecting kids with nature!
- Denver, CO: Furry Scurry - We all love our furry friends, so join Clif Bar in raising money for the Dumb Friend's League.
Sunday, May 2
- Echo Mountain, CO: Echo Mountain Pond Skimming Contest - Live music, BBQ, pond skimming. Join Clif Bar in saying goodbye to the '09-'10 ski season.
- Berkeley, CA: Urban Assault Ride - The Urban Assault Ride is a truly unique cycling event... Here's how it works: You and your teammate will set out on a city-wide quest for 'checkpoints' on your favorite two-wheeled steeds. At each checkpoint, you'll drop your bikes and complete a funky/adventurous obstacle course, then remount your bikes and hit the streets for more.
The goal is to complete all the checkpoints in the shortest amount of time. You choose your own route and checkpoint order. This means that the most clever are often the victors. Of course, it may also help if you can pull a mean big-wheel powerslide and fly across an inflatable slip-n-slide.
- Monmouth, Wales: Forest of Dean Sportive - Now in its fifth year, this Classic based on the town of Monmouth just across the border in Wales offers 85 miles of the most varied terrain available with three mile climbs followed by 25% walls. Couple this with stunning scenery and all within 25 miles of the start and finish in Monmouth, our route will not only challenge the fittest riders but also offers a great chance for those wanting to ride their first Classic event. The course is designed so that you can shorten your effort at any time should your fitness let you down making it a great way to see the Forest of Dean and ride a sportive at the same time.
- Steyning, UK: Steying Triathalon - The Steyning Triathlon is now in its 10th year and is regularly oversubscribed – NEW FOR 2010 TEAM RELAY TRIATHLON! Steyning is a small picturesque market town at the foot of the South Downs National Park situated between Brighton & Worthing in West Sussex.
- Posted by: