threatens the places we care about most deeply and the farming systems we depend on to grow our food. Our 2015 goal is to reduce our carbon emissions 10% below 2009 levels on a normalized basis.
- Reported and veriﬁed our carbon emissions with the California Climate Action Registry since 2004.
- Switched our ofﬁce ﬂeet and ﬁeld marketing trucks to biodiesel fuel.
- Offer a Cool Commute program that supports employees who leave their cars at home and walk,
bike, or take public transportation.
- Offset energy use from our office, bakeries, and business travel by helping to build new wind turbines that benefit both the environment and communities-in-need.
- In partnership with NativeEnergy, we helped to build the first school district-owned wind turbine (Wray, CO); the first large-scale Native American-owned wind turbine (St. Francis, South Dakota); and the Greensburg Wind Farm in Kansas (95% of Greensburg was destroyed in 2007 by a tornado and they’re rebuilding green).
- In 2007 we offset our historic emissions dating back to the company’s start in 1992.
- Helping our employees make their own homes more energy efﬁcient with the Cool Home program.
- Inviting people of all ages to fight climate change with
their bikes on the 2 Mile Challenge.
- Engaging with our suppliers to promote climate action through energy audits, efficiency upgrades and use of green power.
- Advocating for strong energy and climate policies through BICEP (Business for Innovative Climate and Energy Policy).