WHERE DOES YOUR MOJO® TAKE YOU CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Where Does Your Mojo Take You Contest (the “Contest”), sponsored by Clif Bar & Company (“Sponsor”), begins on July 1, 2014 at 12:00:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on September 30, 2014 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT (the “Contest Period”). The Contest Period will consist of three (3) different Entry Periods. One (1) winner will be selected per Entry Period as set forth in Section 4.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 contiguous United States and Washington D.C (the “Eligibility Area”) who are at least 18 years of age or older at the date of Entry(19 or older for residents of Alabama and Nebraska). Employees, officers, directors and agents (and their immediate families and household members regardless of where they live, or members of the same households [whether related or not]) of Sponsor and their parents, divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, promotional partners, advertising/promotion agencies, event staff, and prize suppliers (collectively “Contest Entities”) are not eligible to participate in the Contest or to win any prize. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE ELIGIBILITY AREA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, take a photo capturing “where does your Mojo take you” (“Photo” or “Entry”) and either (1) post the Photo on the Clif Bar Facebook Page at Facebook.com/clifbar (“Facebook Page”) (2) tweet the Photo on Twitter.com or (iii) post the Photo on Instagram. YOU MUST USE THE HASHTAG #MOJOGO WHEN POSTING OR TWEETING THE PHOTO. DELAYED HASHTAGS OR PHOTOS POSTED BEFORE OR AFTER THE CONTEST PERIOD WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED VALID.
Photos may not contain any copyrighted or trademarked elements other than elements owned by you. Any elements that appear in the Photo, besides Sponsor’s trademarks, including, without limitation, logos, images, speech, or other audiovisual materials used must be entirely original, created by the entrant, or be in the public domain. Use of any elements that are not original or in the public domain may result in disqualification of an entry in the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Photos that do not include all required information and do not adhere to the foregoing requirements will be considered void and will not be considered in the judging of this Contest. Photos that are deemed by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be inappropriate, indecent, unfit for publication, offensive, obscene, profane, promote violence or not in keeping with Sponsor's image will be disqualified. The Photo must not depict or advocate violence, dangerous stunts, illegal conduct, consumption of alcohol beverages, use of firearms, hate speech or other racist content. Entries will be disqualified if they are late and/or incomplete. Entry information becomes the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor’s computer will be the official time clock for the Contest. Any entries attempted through the use of agencies or robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar methods will be void.
Entries will be disqualified if they are late, incomplete and/or in excess of the stated entry limits. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry, at time of entry, will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned to the email address by the email provider. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
4. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: Clif Bar will judge the Photos received during each Entry Period. On or about five (5) days after the conclusion of each Entry Period the Sponsor will select one (1) Grand Prize winner from each Entry Period. Photos entered during an Entry Period will NOT be considered for the next Entry Period, participants must submit a Photo for each Entry Period. The Sponsor will judge the Photos according to the judging criteria set forth below and award one (1) Grand Prize winner per Entry Period pending verification of eligibility. The decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. In the event of a tie, the Photo with the highest score creativity/photo quality will be deemed the Grand Prize winner. Winner will be notified in accordance with Section 6 below. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
7/1/14 12:00:00 a.m. PT to 7/31/14 11:59:59 p.m.PT
8/1/14 12:00:00 a.m. PT to 8/31/14 11:59:59 p.m.PT
9/1/14 12:00:00 a.m. PT to 9/30/14 11:59:59p.m. PT
(1) Adherence to the instructions and theme (50%)
(2) Creativity/photo quality (25%)
(3) Lifestyle Photo depicting where your Mojo takes you (25%)
5. PRIZE: Three Clif Bar Mojo Bikes. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is $775. Additional requirements may apply. No prize transfer. If any element of the prizes is cancelled or postponed the remaining portion of the prizes will be awarded as complete and final, and no substitute compensation will be offered.
The total ARV of all prizes is $2325. A limit of one (1) prize per CONTEST PERIOD AND PER household.
6. PRIZE WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Winner for each Entry Period will be notified within 72 hours of Sponsor’s determination of the winner. The Winner will be notified via the social channel used to enter the Contest. Winner must respond to the notification and identify him/herself and confirm his/her eligibility and ability to the prize within such forty-eight (48) hour period, or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, provided sufficient time remains to notify and verify an alternate winner; otherwise prize will not be awarded. The potential winner will only be notified one time as set forth above for attempted prize notification. Proof of identify, age and/or legal residence may be required to claim the prize.
7. ADDITIONAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Any prize details and restrictions not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All taxes (including without limitation federal, state and local taxes) in connection with a prize, and the reporting consequence thereof, are the sole responsibility of the winners. The winner may be required to return an IRS W-9 form within the time period specified by Sponsor, and the winner may receive an IRS Form 1099 issued in his/her name for the actual value of prize received. Sponsor makes no representations regarding the tax liability associated with any prize, and winners are advised to seek counsel regarding any tax liabilities associated with their prize. To claim the prize, the potential winner may be required to complete a notarized affidavit of eligibility (provide proof of winner’s age, residency and legal status), a liability release and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within the time period specified by Sponsor. Winner may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion if: (a) any required documents are not completed and returned within the required time period; (b) potential winner fails to comply with any of the terms of these Official Rules, or (c) if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable. In the event of disqualification of a winner, assuming there is sufficient time available for winner notification and verification, at Sponsor’s sole discretion the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner selected from among the remaining eligible entries, pending verification of eligibility. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for any incorrect postal address, email address or phone number associated with an entry, or any change of address, email or phone number of entrant after entry submission.
8. GENERAL: Contest Entities and Internet/wireless access providers are not responsible for incomplete, late, lost, misdirected or postage-due entries or mail, or for any technical malfunction, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or line failure in connection with any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, mutilated, tampered with, forged, mechanically reproduced, irregular in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Contest Entities make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished or made available in connection with the Contest. Although Sponsor attempts to ensure the integrity of the Contest, Contest Entities are not responsible for the actions of entrants or other individuals in connection with the Contest, including entrants' or other individuals' attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. Contest Entities are not responsible for injury or damage to entrant's or to any other person's computer(s), wireless devices, other equipment or person(s), related to or resulting from participation in the Contest or downloading materials from or using any website. In the event of any conflict between any Contest details contained in these Official Rules and Contest details contained in any Contest advertising materials, the details of the Contest as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, by reason of any acts of God, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, unusually severe weather, strikes or legal disputes (whether legal or illegal), industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt, compromise, undermine or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Contest, and to select winners from among all eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, as applicable, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Screen shots or any other evidence of entry submission will not be deemed receipt of any such entry. Entry must be made by the entrant and via the means described above in Section 3 only. You are not a winner until your entry has been verified and you have complied with these Official Rules.
9. RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY: By entering this Contest, unless prohibited by law, the potential winner consents to use of his/her respective name, voice, photograph and/or likeness for advertising or publicity purposes for this and similar promotions without compensation, and may be required to provide a signed release acknowledging such consent. Moreover, by entering this Contest, unless prohibited by law, the potential prize winner agrees to grant to Sponsor and its licensees, affiliates and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including without limitation the World Wide Web, at any time or times, the prize winner’s respective name, likeness (actual or simulated), voice (actual or simulated) and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further, without such additional compensation, appear for or provide biographical information for use in any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews, as may be determined from time to time by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
11. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANTS FOREVER AND IRREVOCABLY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD THE CONTEST ENTITIES, AND EACH OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASEES”) HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE CONTEST, ATTENDANCE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY AND THE COLLECTION, USE AND/OR SHARING BY SPONSOR OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION OF THE ENTRANTS, OR FOR ANY PRINTING, PRODUCTION, TYPOGRAPHICAL, HUMAN OR OTHER ERROR IN THE PRINTING, OFFERING OR ANNOUNCEMENT OF ANY PRIZE.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF ANY ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF ANY WEBSITE, THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITE, THE REMOVAL FROM ANY WEBSITE OF, OR DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS, OR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF, OR ATTENDANCE OR PARTICIPATION IN, ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST. RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, DIVERSIONS OR SUBSTITUTIONS OR ANY ACT OR OMISSIONS WHATSOEVER BY ANY PERSONS OR COMPANIES PROVIDING ANY OF THESE SERVICES OR ACCOMMODATIONS TO ANY PRIZE WINNER, INCLUDING ANY RESULTS THEREOF SUCH AS CHANGES IN SERVICES OR ACCOMMODATIONS NECESSITATED BY SAME. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE CONTEST, ALL PRIZES AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
13. ENTRANT’S REPRESENTATIONS: By submitting a Photo, you represent and warrant that (a) you are the creator of the Photo (b) the Photo is wholly original (c) the Photo does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party, including any current or former employer, and does not defame any person or identify any person by name other identifying information, (d) the Photo has not previously been entered in any other contest, (e) the Photo has not been previously published in any medium, (f) the Photo does not violate any law or regulation, (g) you own all rights to your Photo (including, without limitation, the copyrights in the photographs), (h) you are not affiliated with commercial talent unions and (i) you agree to waive any claim for reimbursement for any equipment or materials necessary to submit a Photo regardless of whether or not that Photo is selected for any prize. Sponsor's determination as to whether any Photo potentially violates the rights of any third party is final.
14. SPONSOR’S RIGHTS TO ENTRIES: Photos and other submitted material become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By submitting a Photo, you grant, Sponsor and their affiliated companies the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to copyright, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use the Moment (with or without using your name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party. By submitting a Photo you forever waive any rights of copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights, privacy rights, and any other legal or moral rights in the Photo that may preclude Sponsor’s use of the Photo, or require your permission for the Sponsor to use the Photo. By submitting a Photo, you further agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against the Sponsor , or any other person, on the grounds that any use of the Photo, or any derivative works, infringe any of your rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, or moral rights. You further acknowledge that the Sponsor is in no way obligated to broadcast, publish or use your Photo in any way. Nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between you and the Sponsor. In no way are you to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of the Sponsor.
14. GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
(b) Severability: Headings: If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof.
(c) Winners & Rules Request: To receive the name, city and state of the winner or a copy of these Official Rules , send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Where Does Your Mojo Take You Contest, Clif Bar & Company, 1451 66th Street, Emeryville, CA 94608. Requests must be received by November 15, 2014. VT residents may omit return postage. Rules may also be found online during the Contest Period at www.clifbar.com.
16. NO ENDORSEMENT. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Any information you provide in connection with the Contest is to the Contest Entities and not the social media outlet. You understand that by using and interacting with the social media outlets you are subject to the terms, conditions, and policies that govern the use of such social media outlets. You should therefore review the applicable terms and policies including privacy and data gathering practices, before using or interacting with the social media outlet.
© 2014 Clif Bar. Clif Bar and the logo are trademarks of Clif Bar & Company.