In this moment, our Five Aspirations are helping guide us and make decisions during this unprecedented crisis. We continue to focus our efforts on the health and well-being of our people and making our food.
We want to share with you the actions we are taking to help minimize risk of transmission of COVID-19 including how we are supporting our employees and community.
• Our headquarters office in Emeryville, Calif. is currently closed and all our employees outside of the bakery operations are working remotely and at home including our teams in Canada and Europe.
• All business travel has been canceled and our field team has canceled or postponed all near-term events.
• As an essential business, Clif Bar’s bakeries in Indianapolis, Ind. and Twin Falls, Idaho, as well as the other places that make our food, remain open and are safely operating.
• We are operating with enhanced health and safety standards at our bakeries to keep our employees healthy. Our top priority has and will always be on our people who are working hard to keep grocery shelves stocked and donations on hand in this time of need.
• To that end, we’ve expanded our paid leave benefits, ensuring that our employees who may need to take extra time off due to COVID-19 are able to do so – whether that’s to protect their health due to high risk factors, take the time they need to get well or care for family members, or if they are the sole childcare provider during school closures. Clif bakery employees will receive extra compensation during this time, in addition to paid leave benefits.
• We’ve pledged 7 million CLIF, LUNA, and CLIF Kid Bars to food banks, first responders, frontline health care workers in North America and Europe to help feed the fight.
Our thoughts are with all those affected by COVID-19 and we would like to thank all our employees, partners, and frontline health care workers for their extraordinary efforts during this pandemic.