9 Holiday Hacks for Hosting, Gifting, and Crafting
Fuel the fun with clever DIYs featuring your favorite products.
The ideas and suggestions written below are provided for general educational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice or care. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider before beginning any physical fitness or health- and nutrition-related activity.
It’s that time of the year. We blink and the holidays are here. We believe the ultimate holiday hack is staying fueled on-the-go, so we keep our CLIF goodies extra close for everything from sunlight-chasing winter adventures to down-to-the-minute festivities.
That’s why we’re sharing quick and easy ideas to get extra mileage out of our bars this holiday season. While Clif Bar & Company recipes are meant to satisfy your hunger with optimized nutrition during active pursuits, we’re also grabbing our favorite CLIF BAR® flavors for the occasional tasty treats.
To hack the holidays with CLIF, you’ll only need your favorite Clif Bar & Company products and a few additional items to get from start to finish.
Make the Season Scrumptious with These Clif-Inspired Holiday Hacks:
GIFTING GO-TO’S TO SHOW YOU CARE
Energy Bar Wine Baubles
- What you’ll need: A giftable bottle of wine, twine or ribbon, a hole puncher, a packaged bar or two of your choosing.
- How-to: Punch hole in sealed top of bar. Thread twine or ribbon through. Place around the neck of the wine bottle. Tie a bow of your fancy.
- Pro tip: Since CLIF BAR® shouldn’t be consumed with alcohol, we love to include a little note with your gift. “One for kicking into high-gear. One for kicking off your shoes,” to sum up the sentiment!
Grab-and-Go Gift Baskets
- What you’ll need: This is great for gifting multiples, so you can create custom mixes from several boxes of bars, or you can get super creative and present bars like a box of chocolates, using cupcake liners and a resealable container
- How-to: Line your basket, box, or bag with craft materials like burlap, shredded crinkle cut paper, or tissue paper. Layer in a variety of CLIF BAR goodies of varying shapes and sizes.
- Pro tip: If you’re like us, baskets, goodie bags, and little shipping boxes tend to pile up. You can reuse them to present your gifts by refreshing their appearance with a freshly tied bow or holiday ornament.
White Elephant Bars In a Box
- What you’ll need: Gift wrap or craft paper, box of Clif Bar energy bars, twine
- How-to: Style gift wrap or craft paper over a box of Clif Bar energy bars and wait for the excitement to unfold as your gift is unwrapped.
- Pro tip: Perfect for gift exchanges with your running or cycling pals.
Energizing Stocking Stuffers
- What you’ll need: CLIF BAR® Minis energy bars, CLIF Bloks® and CLIF® Hydration Electrolyte Drink Mix for your resident athlete, and seasonal flavors of original CLIF BAR energy bars (because they won’t be available forever).
- How-to: Toss in a few energy boosters to mix up your usual stocking stuffers.
- Pro tip: Get tactical with your stocking menagerie to make CLIF BAR the first surprise and the last surprise.
ACTIVE KID-FRIENDLY CRAFTING HACKS
Decorating Gingerbread Houses
- What you’ll need: Four CLIF Kid Zbar®, four CLIF Kid Zbar® Protein (for length), variety pack of CLIF Kid Zfruit® twisted fruit snacks, and toothpicks.
- How-to: Unwrap all of the CLIF Kid Zbar energy bars and CLIF Kid Zbar Protein bars. Think of each bar like a graham cracker. Stand the Zbar on-end and use a toothpick to anchor two bars together. Repeat with your remaining Zbar so that you have two shorter walls for your house. Now, use the same directions to press your Zbar Protein bars together so that you have two taller gingerbread house walls. Prep your two tall walls for your gingerbread roof by cutting away a little of your bars to create a pointed top (pop those bits into your mouth to fuel your fun). Add your Zfruit twisted fruit snacks to create a colorful rooftop on each side.
- Pro tip: Perfection is the enemy. Have fun, get outside, then satisfy snack attacks with a little gingerbread house demo.
E-Zbar Reindeer Snacks
- What you’ll need: a box of CLIF Kid® Zbar Chocolate Chip energy bars, mini pretzel sticks, toothpicks, slivered almonds, candy-coated chocolates or CLIF Kid Zfruit twisted fruit snacks.
- How-to: Unwrap a CLIF Kid Zbar energy snack bar and lay it flat. Use a toothpick to poke two evenly spaced holes into the top of each piece. Carefully press two pretzel sticks into the holes. Add slivered almonds for eyes and a candy-coated chocolate piece or sliver of CLIF Kid® Zfruit (we love the red tint of our Strawberry flavor) for the reindeer nose by sticking them to the bar with a drop of honey or nut butter and serve.
- Pro tip: You may need more than one box of CLIF Kid® Zbar baked whole grain energy snack bars. Kids love this fun-to-eat craft!
Holiday Countdown Calendars
- What you’ll need: A box or two of CLIF Kid Zbar energy bars, clothespins, twine, construction paper, markers, and tape or glue
- How-to: Wrap strips of construction paper and tape around the back to make a band around each Zbar. Mark each banded Zbar with a number or illustration that coordinates with your calendar (24 days for an advent calendar, for example). Hang twine horizontally on the wall or a sturdy surface. Use clothespins to hang each Zbar in a countdown that celebrates your holiday.
- Pro tip: We loved drawing burning candles on our construction paper bands to create festive menorahs and Kwanzaa candelabra.
HACKS FOR THE HOST
Frozen Yogurt Covered CLIF BAR Snowmen
- What you’ll need: Greek yogurt, a snowman cookie cutter, and an original CLIF BAR in the flavor of your choosing (we love our seasonal flavors like Spiced Pumpkin Pie and Iced Gingerbread for this recipe).
- How-to: Grab a box of bars, unwrap each bar, and place them on a microwave-safe plate. Pop the plate in the microwave for 20-30 seconds to soften. Flatten each bar slightly with a spatula or tool of your choosing, then cut your snowman shapes with a cookie cutter. Cool to room temp, then use a spoon or spatula to swirl on your Greek yogurt. Add eyes using raisins or dried cranberries. Place your plate in the freezer for about an hour to allow the yogurt to set before serving.
- Pro tip: CLIF BAR are crafted to fuel activity -- snack on these snowmen before you get on the trail or the slopes!
CLIF-style Holiday Platter
- What you’ll need: Your favorite CLIF® Nut Butter Bar flavors.
- How-to: Cut each bar into quarters and stack two pieces on the end of a party toothpick. Line your platter with unwrapped bars, so your guests can eye their favorite bites.
- Pro tip: Use different bars and flavors in each short stack to create visual interest and fun-to-try flavor combos.