CLIF® Granola Gluten Free Cinnamon Breakfast Crepes Recipe
By Megan Faletra, MS, MPH, RDN, Registered Dietitian and Clif Bar & Company Consultant
The ideas and suggestions written below are provided for general educational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice or care. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider before beginning any physical fitness or health- and nutrition-related activity.
Gluten Free Cinnamon Breakfast Crepes
Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Makes: 8 Crepes | Serves: 4
These cinnamon breakfast crepes are the perfect breakfast to whip up when you feel like treating yourself or impressing friends and family. Filled with whipped coconut cream, your favorite seasonal stone fruit, and crunchy CLIF® Cinnamon Almond Crunch Granola, these breakfast crepes are quick to come together and deliver plant-based fats, protein and fiber that will help satisfy your taste buds and appetite!
- 2 cups CLIF® Cinnamon Almond Crunch Granola
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup oat milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups whipped coconut cream
- Sliced apricot, nectarine, and peach
- In a medium size mixing bowl whisk eggs, oat milk, vanilla, coconut flour, arrowroot starch and salt until all ingredients are completely blended together and smooth. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes to thicken.
- While crepe mixture is thickening, heat coconut oil in an 8-10 inch frying pan over medium heat.
- Add ¼ cup of the crepe mixture to the pan and quickly swirl the mixture until it coats the bottom of the pan.
- Cook the crepe for a few minutes until the bottom begins to slightly brown and small bubbles form on the surface.
- Using a spatula, carefully flip the crepe and cook for another minute.
- Remove the crepe from the pan once firm and repeat until all your batter has been used. If you notice that your batter begins to stick in the pan simply add another teaspoon of coconut oil to the pan before your next crepe and repeat as needed.
- While your crepes are cooling, chop your favorite seasonal stone fruit into bite size pieces and set aside.
- Whip coconut cream using a balloon whisk, stand mixer or hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Once your crepes have cooled, stuff each crepe with a dollop of coconut cream and fold gently. Top with chopped fruit and CLIF® Cinnamon Almond Crunch Granola.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!