CLIF® Granola Sweet and Savory Banana Bread Recipe
By Megan Faletra, MS, MPH, RDN, Registered Dietitian and Clif Bar & Company Consultant
The ideas and suggestions written below are provided for general educational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice or care. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider before beginning any physical fitness or health- and nutrition-related activity.
Sweet and Savory Banana Bread
Have a favorite go-to banana bread recipe? This simple breakfast hack takes it to a whole new level by amplifying the sweet and savory flavors with a topping of drizzled tahini and crunchy CLIF® Banana Nut Crunch Granola for a good fat and fiber combo in every bite!
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened oat milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups oat flour (gluten free)
- 1 cup CLIF® Banana Nut Crunch Granola
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease a bread loaf pan generously with coconut oil, or place parchment paper in the loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, take three peeled ripe bananas, and mash well.
- In a separate medium size mixing bowl combine the oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Next in a stand mixing bowl, add the eggs, coconut sugar, almond butter, coconut oil, oat milk, vanilla extract, and mashed bananas. Mix well until evenly combined.
- Once your wet mixture is combined, add the dry mixture slowly, stirring on low until the wet and dry ingredients have been well combined.
- Next, take your banana bread batter and pour it evenly into your greased loaf pan.
- Add a generous topping of CLIF® Banana Nut Crunch Granola to the top of your banana bread batter, and place in the oven for ~60 minutes, or until the bread is evenly cooked through. If you notice that the granola is browning before the banana bread is fully baked, simply place a sheet of aluminum foil loosely over the top of the bread.
- Remove from oven once baked and allow to cool entirely before serving.
- Serve with a drizzle of tahini and enjoy!